‘Tis the season for giving! For this year's gift guide we’re sharing the Coral & Tusk items we are giving and are highlighting other small businesses to support this season. We hope you’ll shop small this Christmas and in 2021! Happy gifting!
For your mom or mom-figure who loves the coast!
- Coral Forest 20” x 20” Pillow - You can almost feel the ocean breeze with our cheerful coastal embroidered design!
- Santorini Escapist Candle by Brooklyn Candle Studio - While she may not be able to go to an island, this earthy scented candle will transport her to a Grecian beach daydream!
- Nautical Alphabet Flags available at Fitz & Bennett Home - Handmade in Maine, each nautical flag represents a different letter. Create a secret message for mom or simply spell "I love you!"
- Mama and Baby Beluga Card - Because a handwritten card from you is what she actually wants for Christmas.
- Beluga Whale Tea Towel - Every room needs a happy item! Our tea towel will brighten up the kitchen or powder room.
- Omo Bath Towel Set in Azure by Bolé Road Textiles - If you can’t go to the beach, have a spa day at home! Treat her with Bolé Road’s beautiful towel set.
For your best friend who you can’t wait to see more of in 2021
This year we’ve learned how to spend time with our friends on Zoom and with face masks on. We put together a few gifts that will treat your BFF during your socially distant present and some to enjoy in the great, safe future!
- Garden Pouch - We will travel again! Our embroidered zip pouch is the perfect bag for all of your essential travel items.
- Retro Thank You Card Set by Aya Paper Co. - Friends look out for friends, restock your BFF’s thank you card stash for 2021!
- Evil Eye Frame by Furbish Studio - Frame your favorite photo of the two of your together.
- Tia Crossbody Phone Pouch by Tracey Tanner - This sparkly pouch is a cute way to keep your phone nearby. Give to your best friend so they never miss a text from you!
- Lucky Face Mask - Our non-medical grade face mask embroidered with lucky charms to give your BFF extra luck.
- Evil Eye Cocktail Napkins - Cocktail napkins for your friend to enjoy now, and for you to use when you’re enjoying large dinner parties at their house in the after.
For the best neighbors ever
So many of us got to know our neighbors better than ever this year. Here are a few special gifts to show your neighbor how much you appreciate them!
- Owl Badge and Hedgehog Badge - Awards for truly being the best neighbors ever!
- Ski Buddies Tea Towel and Arctic Tree Tea Towel - Festive tea towels to add some cheer to their kitchen.
- Keep Cup from Celsious - The perfect vessel for your next porch hang!
- Brass Ornaments by Fog Linen - We love these ornaments! Use as gift tags, wreath decorations, or as wall charms to enjoy all year long!
- Build a Spice Trio with Diaspora Co. - Create a bundle of spices fit for your neighbor with Diaspora Co., a direct trade, single-origin spice company dedicated to building a better spice trade!
For every special kid in your life!
This holiday season, surprise your kids, nieces, and nephews with extra special Christmas treats. They’ve been real champs this year!
- Donkey Cart Pocket Pillow - You won’t find a pillow quite like our pocket pillows! Each one includes a stuffed pal that can be removed from its pocket.
- Baby Cat Pocket Doll and Bear Pocket Doll - Pocket Dolls will bring smiles to all!
- Baby Gift Set by Makié Clothier - A super sweet gift set to wish baby a very merry first Christmas.
- Uncle Goose American Sign Language Blocks from Acorn Toy Shop - The most beautiful blocks for learning your ABC’s, available in 28 different languages!
- Kids’ Reading Set: Art and Design from Rare Device - Inspire the young artist with this art + design themed book set curated by Rare Device.
- Sparklers Card - Every kid needs a pen pal. Begin your correspondence with a special note on one of our embroidered cards.
See our 2019 Gift Guide here for more inspiration!
$2,500.00 donation to Oceana
5% of 2020 profits from our Coastal Collection will be donated to Oceana.
"Oceana seeks to make our oceans as rich, healthy, and abundant as they once were."Read more about what they do and donate directly on their website: https://oceana.org/
$2,500.00 donation to Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
5% of 2020 profits from our Coastal Collection will be donated to Sea Shepherd.
"Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is the world’s most passionate and powerful protector of ocean life. We are on a mission to defend, conserve and protect the seas and marine wildlife like no organization can."Read more about what they do and
donate directly on their website: https://seashepherd.org/
Our 2020 Coastal Designs were inspired by Stephanie’s lifelong love of the ocean and it’s so exciting for us to have this opportunity to protect our oceans and the animals who depend on them by giving to these organizations. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who purchased a Coastal design and to everyone who supported us this year!
We were very fortunate to make several donations throughout all of 2020! Thanks to your orders we were able to contribute to the following organizations.
This summer we donated $12,000.00 over an eight week period to organizations and funds that fight for social justice and racial equity. Each of our employees were given the opportunity to select an organization to contribute to and we highlighted each cause on our blog.
The Marsha P. Johnson Institute - $1,500.00
Black Mamas Matter Alliance - $750.00
Black Women’s Health Imperative - $750.00
Thurgood Marshall College Fund - $750.00
Facing History and Ourselves - $750.00
Equal Justice Initiative - $1,500.00
Greening Youth Foundation - $1,500.00
The Fresh Air Fund - $1,500.00
Fair Fight - $1,500.00
We donated 100% of proceeds from our Anchor Face Masks to GlobalGiving COVID-19 Relief Fund for a total of $1,770.00. We were also able to donate 400+ face masks to local organizations in our Rocky Mountain community.
$2,000.00 from our Dog Watercolors series was donated to The Street Dog Project at Friends of the Animal Shelter to support volunteers rescue animals affected by the devastating wildfires in Oregon this summer.
All combined, together we’ve donated $25,399.50 this year and we could not have done it without you!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We cannot wait to give again in 2021!
PS. If you're interested in celebrating Giving Tuesday by making a contribution, check out all of the organizations listed above, many have matching donors today!
Welcome to the November edition of Five Favorite Things, our monthly round-up of recommendations from our team! This month we’re sharing what we’re reading, watching, purchasing and listening to. Want to share your own recommendations? Feel free to leave us a comment!
Illustration by Mamie Rheingold
Our favorite cookbook author and TV personality, Samin Nostrat, started a delightful podcast over quarantine with Hrishikesh Hirway called Home Cooking. The pair takes reader questions like an adorable 5 year old calling in about new ways for her mom to prepare broccoli, and currently have a very helpful Thanksgiving series with tips and tricks to make every dish more delicious. Listen to the show on your favorite podcast app!
Illustration by Hoshi Yoriko
2021 calendars, because 2020 can’t be over soon enough!A few of our favorites for the year ahead, clockwise from top left: Months & Days Perpetual Calendar by The Great Lakes Goods, Risotto 2021 Calendar at Greenwich Letterpress, 2021 Folding Calendar by Crispin Finn at Greenwich Letterpress, and 2021 Cat Die Cut Calendar at Paper Source.
“Public Trust, Patagonia’s feature film on Public Lands. Lots of people have never had access to public lands, and some that have had access their whole lives, have no idea what it's like to not have that. Trust me- this is absolutely a cause worth fighting for. This film brings light and explanation, and REASON to do just that.” - Stephanie. Watch online here.
Simplicity at Home: Japanese Rituals, Recipes, and Arrangements for Thoughtful Living by Yumiko Sekine ships February 9th 2021.
"Yumiko Sekine is a creator of the internationally celebrated lifestyle brand Fog Linen Work, whom I admire for many things: her exceptionally talented sense of beauty, activeness, generosity, and her amazing personality. She wrote a book called Simplicity at Home, which I was lucky enough to read before it will be released in February next year. When I first took a quick look, it immediately reminded me of how much I was impressed by her talent when I first visited Fog Linen Work store in Tokyo. Then I read it cover to cover to realize that this book not only shows how her simple and beautiful lifestyle can be applied to your home but also tells you things that most people outside of Japan might not know about. How actual traditional Japanese simplicity and beauty is inherited and updated for modern life.
Japan is a unique country where many different and interesting cultures coexist. Japanese traditional simplicity and beauty have been passed down from generation to generation but some might seem to be disappearing especially in big cities like Tokyo. Yumiko’s book truly shows that those still exist. As a Japanese person who has lived outside of Japan for so many years, I am very thankful for her sharing not only her amazing sense of beauty but also the beautiful traditional Japanese culture that a lot of people in Japan still enjoy in modern life." - Asumi
Pre-order from bookshop.org, your favorite local bookstore or wherever you buy books!