Each year, we take this time to reflect on the past twelve months as we look forward to the new ones ahead. 2020 is certainly a year we will never forget, and although it was incredibly challenging, we have so much to be thankful for!
Early this year we gave to the NSW Rural Fire Service in response to the catastrophic bushfires in Australia. We donated 20% of sales over one weekend and thanks to your purchases we raised $4,115.00 for Australia!
By spring our Brooklyn team started working from home as New York City quickly became the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a way to stay connected, we began our blog series Five Favorite Things, where we shared monthly recommendations from our staff. During this time we raised funds for No Kid Hungry with our Camp Coloring Sheets PDF download.
In April, our wallpaper collaboration with Hygge & West launched, bringing our signature designs to your walls! In May, Stephanie created original watercolors which were available for purchase for the very first time. She painted two series, one of birds she’s been lucky to spot and paintings for Mother’s Day!
This summer we introduced our collaboration with illustrator Yoriko Hoshi for the Coral & Tusk x Nekomura San collection! The popular Japanese comic came to life as embroidered Coral & Tusk pocket pillows, dolls and accessories.
Among new product introductions this summer, we also created embroidered face masks to help keep you and those around you safe, healthy and happy!
In June, in an effort to stand up against systemic racism, we started our Summer of Giving donation pledge. Over the course of eight weeks, we donated $12,000.00 to organizations and funds that fight for social justice and racial equity. Each of our employees were given the opportunity to select an organization to contribute to and we highlighted each cause on our blog.
In August, we debuted a new series of original watercolors by Stephanie, this time featuring one of our favorite pets, DOGS! We donated $250 from each painting to The Street Dog Project at Friends of the Animal Shelter to support volunteers rescue pets affected by the devastating wildfires in Oregon.
We closed out the summer by expanding our team! We hired Jess, our AMAZING Customer Care specialist. If you’ve called or emailed us this fall chances are you’ve had the wonderful experience of chatting with her.
In September we headed upstate to shoot our new fall designs and holiday collection. For the first time ever we made tree skirts! Among our new holiday offerings included a continuation of our Nekomura San collaboration, including ornaments of Ms. Nekomura and all her friends.
In October, Stephanie’s Wyoming home was featured in House Beautiful, a total dream come true!
In November we VOTED! All Coral & Tusk employees were offered paid time off to cast their vote, whether by mail or in person!
For Giving Tuesday, we completed our Coastal Collection donation pledge by donating 5% of 2020 profits to Oceana and another 5% of 2020 profits to Sea Shepherd. We were so excited to be able to contribute to so many wonderful organizations this year, all thanks to you!
Thank you so much for your continued support and enthusiasm this year! We cannot do all that we do without you. We look forward to bringing you more cheer in the New Year!
‘Tis the season for giving! For this year's gift guide we’re sharing the Coral & Tusk items we are giving and are highlighting other small businesses to support this season. We hope you’ll shop small this Christmas and in 2021! Happy gifting!
For your mom or mom-figure who loves the coast!
- Coral Forest 20” x 20” Pillow - You can almost feel the ocean breeze with our cheerful coastal embroidered design!
- Santorini Escapist Candle by Brooklyn Candle Studio - While she may not be able to go to an island, this earthy scented candle will transport her to a Grecian beach daydream!
- Nautical Alphabet Flags available at Fitz & Bennett Home - Handmade in Maine, each nautical flag represents a different letter. Create a secret message for mom or simply spell "I love you!"
- Mama and Baby Beluga Card - Because a handwritten card from you is what she actually wants for Christmas.
- Beluga Whale Tea Towel - Every room needs a happy item! Our tea towel will brighten up the kitchen or powder room.
- Omo Bath Towel Set in Azure by Bolé Road Textiles - If you can’t go to the beach, have a spa day at home! Treat her with Bolé Road’s beautiful towel set.
For your best friend who you can’t wait to see more of in 2021
This year we’ve learned how to spend time with our friends on Zoom and with face masks on. We put together a few gifts that will treat your BFF during your socially distant present and some to enjoy in the great, safe future!
- Garden Pouch - We will travel again! Our embroidered zip pouch is the perfect bag for all of your essential travel items.
- Retro Thank You Card Set by Aya Paper Co. - Friends look out for friends, restock your BFF’s thank you card stash for 2021!
- Evil Eye Frame by Furbish Studio - Frame your favorite photo of the two of your together.
- Tia Crossbody Phone Pouch by Tracey Tanner - This sparkly pouch is a cute way to keep your phone nearby. Give to your best friend so they never miss a text from you!
- Lucky Face Mask - Our non-medical grade face mask embroidered with lucky charms to give your BFF extra luck.
- Evil Eye Cocktail Napkins - Cocktail napkins for your friend to enjoy now, and for you to use when you’re enjoying large dinner parties at their house in the after.
For the best neighbors ever
So many of us got to know our neighbors better than ever this year. Here are a few special gifts to show your neighbor how much you appreciate them!
- Owl Badge and Hedgehog Badge - Awards for truly being the best neighbors ever!
- Ski Buddies Tea Towel and Arctic Tree Tea Towel - Festive tea towels to add some cheer to their kitchen.
- Keep Cup from Celsious - The perfect vessel for your next porch hang!
- Brass Ornaments by Fog Linen - We love these ornaments! Use as gift tags, wreath decorations, or as wall charms to enjoy all year long!
- Build a Spice Trio with Diaspora Co. - Create a bundle of spices fit for your neighbor with Diaspora Co., a direct trade, single-origin spice company dedicated to building a better spice trade!
For every special kid in your life!
This holiday season, surprise your kids, nieces, and nephews with extra special Christmas treats. They’ve been real champs this year!
- Donkey Cart Pocket Pillow - You won’t find a pillow quite like our pocket pillows! Each one includes a stuffed pal that can be removed from its pocket.
- Baby Cat Pocket Doll and Bear Pocket Doll - Pocket Dolls will bring smiles to all!
- Baby Gift Set by Makié Clothier - A super sweet gift set to wish baby a very merry first Christmas.
- Uncle Goose American Sign Language Blocks from Acorn Toy Shop - The most beautiful blocks for learning your ABC’s, available in 28 different languages!
- Kids’ Reading Set: Art and Design from Rare Device - Inspire the young artist with this art + design themed book set curated by Rare Device.
- Sparklers Card - Every kid needs a pen pal. Begin your correspondence with a special note on one of our embroidered cards.
See our 2019 Gift Guide here for more inspiration!