June is officially in full swing and the long days and warm weather have us ready to attend backyard BBQs and host our own outdoor gatherings. We debuted our Desert Collection last fall and we're ready to finally set our summer tables with our embroidered linens of colorful cacti and desert dwellers. We put together a few tips on how to set a table fit for a solstice soiree complete with a tequila cocktail recipe!
Our Desert Collection was initially inspired during Stephanie's first winter in Wyoming. With only pristine white snow in sight for miles and miles (and for months and months!) Stephanie began to research the unique ecosystem found in the arid landscape of Arizona. Our Desert designs feature blooming cacti, affable armadillos and cute coyotes on pillows and table linens. The canyon colored hues and sagebrush shades found across the entire collection make them perfect for summer styling and for pairing with bright or solid linens.
Table Tip #1: The Horizontal Runner Have a large table or looking to mix it up with your setting? Display your runner so it spans the width of the table rather than the full length. This method makes a statement and shows off your beautiful dining surface.
Table Tip #2: Bright Placemats With our runners looking short and chic, running the width of the table, we popped in some bright woven placemats to fill the space between. The mats add an extra tactile layer and a hint of color. For this setting we created custom placemats from our Vermilion Twill Woven fabric.
Table Tip #3 - Tea Towels as Dinner Napkins With over 60 tea towel styles, it's no wonder that we are big fans (HUGE!) of using tea towels as dinner napkins. We love that each guest can have a tea towel unique to them and that the towels can serve other purposes in your home when you aren't winning your award for hostess of the year. Here we have a tri-fold tea towel sitting perfectly on a turquoise dinner plate.
Get the Look!
- Cacti Table Runner - Kick off your succulent setting with our Cacti Runner as a base.
- Fiestaware Bistro Dinner Plate from Fiesta Factory - You can never go wrong with America's favorite stoneware brand! The turquoise adds a cool effect to a summer evening.
- Tea Towels - Add our versatile tea towels to you table setting as dinner napkins.
- Cacti Cocktail Napkins Mixed Set of 4 - Have your guests pick the cacti of their choice to pair with their delicious margarita.
- Grace Wine Glass from Collyer's Mansion - We love the details on these handmade glasses, they'll put the finishing touch on your beautiful outdoor dining table.
... And That Cocktail Recipe We Promised!
Wondering what that delicious cocktail is? Stephanie whipped up a pitcher of berry margaritas for our shoot! We loosely followed the Marfa Ranch Water cocktail recipe from Martha Stewart but made a few embellishments of our own.
- Lime Wedges (lots of them!)
- 48 ounces (6 cups) sparkling water, chilled
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1 bottle (750 ml) silver tequila, chilled
- Bowl of Strawberries
- Using a food processor or blender blend strawberries to a juice.
- Run a lime wedge around rim of each serving glass; dip in salt. Fill glasses with ice. Pour 1 1/2 to 2 ounces tequila into each, top with sparkling water and strawberry juice, and a fully juiced lime. Serve each with a lime wedge.