In today’s Get the Look we share how we styled a warm and inviting window nook for curling up with a book, a crossword puzzle, or with your favorite pup or feline! View more to see our pillow picks, style guide and our current reading list!
We wanted a full and inviting look for our nook so we knew a large pillow assortment was in order. The key to a cohesive pillow pile (and maximum comfort!) is to layer, layer, layer! Here we layered solid evergreen linen pillows with our spirited indigo and playful pocket pillow designs. The final touch to our nook is an upholstered cushion in our Quill fabric. DIY your own box cushion with this Design Sponge How-To.
Decorate your nook with handmade pieces and cozy textures. Ceramics, baskets and wool blankets add an additional layer of warmth.
Thrown Bell Round: Indigo Rings from MQuan 2. Yakima Camp Throw in High Ridge from Pendleton Woolen Mills 3. Wyeth Trail Blanket in Beige from Pendleton Woolen Mills 4. 100' Basket Bowl in Red/White from Doug Johnston
- The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History by Kassia St. Clair
- Bibliostyle: How We Live at Home with Books by Nina Freudenberger
- Patterns of India: A Journey Through Colors, Textiles, and the Vibrancy of Rajasthan by Christine Chitnis
- The Yellow House: A Memoir by Sarah M. Broom
- Design Thread by Kit Kemp