SHIPPING AND RETURNS
What is your return policy?
Your shopping experience and satisfaction with our products upon delivery are very important to us. Each item is created and shipped to you with our utmost care. Please contact us at [email protected] if you had any issues with your order. We will do whatever possible to make sure you're completely happy with your experience shopping with us!
- We accept returns for merchandise exchange, store credit or refund on full priced items returned within 30 days of your order delivery. All returned items must be in the same brand new condition to be accepted for credit/exchange. All shipping charges must be paid for by the purchaser including the return shipping fees. Refund will be issued to the original method of payment upon receipt of returned item. Store credit never expires and is issued in form of an emailed code to use anytime.
- All shipping charges are responsibility of the customer and will not be reimbursed.
- All MADE TO ORDER items are final sale:
- Any item made to order including custom pillows or tabletop, fabric yardage, and framed artwork on our website is final sale.
- All SALE items are final sale:
- Any item in our “Sale” collection on our website is final sale.
- OR if “FINAL SALE” is listed in the product description.
- All SAMPLE SALE items are final sale:
- Any item with "Sample Sale" in the product title.
- Any item that lists that it is a sample sale item in the description, doesn't meet our high quality standards, and has been marked down to reflect the pictured or listed condition.
To proceed with a return:
- Please contact us at [email protected]
to obtain a return request form prior to returning an item.
- All returned items must be unused and in original packaging. It is the purchaser's responsibility to insure we receive the return in like new condition. We strongly recommend selecting a shipping method with tracking information. If we do not receive the returned order, we cannot process the request.
- Damage/defect claims must be communicated within 7 business days of package arrival.
- Tracking for return shipments must be emailed to [email protected].
- Please ship USPS and FedEx returns to:
Coral & Tusk
229 S Cole Ave.
Pinedale, WY 82941
Coral & Tusk
PO Box #8
Pinedale, WY 82941
Is everything on the website available now?
We do our absolute best to have all listed items in stock. If the item is out of stock for some reason, we will notify you within one business day of your order via phone or email with a revised lead time on delivery. At that point you will have the option to accept the revised delivery date, cancel your order or replace out of stock items.
If an item is listed as PRE-ORDER please see below information and shipping policy.
When can I expect my order to arrive?
Orders Shipping within the Continental United States
We do our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our warehouse in Pinedale, Wyoming and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location. Regular ground shipping rates and expedited shipping rates are provided at checkout.
Coral & Tusk is not responsible for any delays once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated, or for any delivery errors, and lost or stolen packages once the package has been delivered. Unfortunately, stolen packages are becoming more frequent with more people shopping online, so please make sure you have a secure location to ship to and will be there to receive your package, or opt to ship to a more secure location. We recommend signing up for free text alerts from FedEx or USPS to track your package in real time! FedEx also offers a free service called FedEx Delivery Manager that allows you to reroute or hold packages at secure locations local to you. If the FedEx notification says "Delivered" and you have not received it, please check with your neighbors first as packages sometimes wind up nearby. If the package is stolen, you will need to reach out to local authorities in order to claim your loss with your credit card company.
Express orders placed after 2pm EST will be shipped the next business day.
Orders placed after 2pm EST on a Friday will be shipped the following Monday.
Coral & Tusk is not responsible for any delays once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated, or for any delivery errors, and lost or stolen packages once the package has been delivered. Unfortunately, stolen packages are becoming more frequent with more people shopping online, so please make sure you have a secure location to ship to and will be there to receive your package, or opt to ship to a more secure location. We recommend signing up for free text alerts from FedEx to track your express package in real time! FedEx also offers a free service called FedEx Delivery Manager that allows you to reroute or hold packages at secure locations local to you. If the FedEx notification says "Delivered" and you have not received it, please check with your neighbors first as packages sometimes wind up nearby. If the package is stolen, you will need to reach out to local authorities in order to claim your loss with your credit card company.
Orders Shipping International, or to Hawaii, Alaska or U.S. territories
We do our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our warehouse in Pinedale, Wyoming and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location. The recipient is responsible for all incurred taxes and customs duties. International deliveries are subject to local import duties and taxes which the receiver will be required to pay upon receipt. Coral & Tusk is not responsible for customs issues or delays. We are not responsible for any delivery errors, delays or lost or stolen packages once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated. We are available to assist you in any way we can regarding your order and shipment. Please call 718.388.4188 or email us at [email protected] for further international shipping inquiries.
What does it mean if a product is available for “PRE-ORDER”?
Generally we keep some inventory stock on products listed on our website, which means most items are available for immediate delivery. However there are times when we’re in the process of making and restocking an item, and it isn’t available for immediate delivery. These select items are now available for pre-order. Usually this means 1 - 3 weeks until they are ready to ship, but please refer to the date listed on the individual product page. If you are interested in ordering a pre-order product, please note its delivery date below the pre-order button, as well as beside the item in your cart and throughout the checkout process.
Pre-order Product Shipping Policy
If you have placed an order for a pre-order item, this item will ship according to the delivery date listed on the product page.
Shipping Policy for Orders Containing Pre-order items and In stock items
Orders Shipping within the Continental United States
If you placed an order containing both pre-ordered items and in stock items, we will hold your order to ship until the pre-ordered items are in stock. Please note this ship date on the product’s page and beside the item at checkout.
Orders Shipping International, or to Hawaii, Alaska or U.S. territories
If you placed an order containing both pre-ordered items and in stock items, we will hold your order to ship until the pre-ordered items are in stock. Please note the date of delivery on the product page and noted beside the item at checkout. Your order will arrive complete, in one shipment around that date.
ORDERS AND PAYMENTS
Do you offer gift wrapping?
We are currently looking into gift wrapping options but it is not a service that we offer at this time. Your Coral & Tusk items will arrive neatly wrapped in our signature kraft paper. However, we are happy to include a handwritten gift message with your order. Please email us at [email protected] so that we can make sure to include that!
Is my information secure?
We do not share or sell any customer information with third parties. Our secure server provides maximum privacy.
What types of payment do you accept?
Coral & Tusk accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, PayPal and Afterpay. The transaction is processed through our secure server. If you prefer to contact us directly to place your order, you can call 718.388.4188 and we would be more than happy to receive your order over the phone.
How does Afterpay work?
DISCOUNTS AND PROMOTIONS
Can I use multiple discounts at a time?
No. It is not possible to apply multiple discounts to an order. This includes rewards discount codes and special promotions. Only one discount code can be used at a time.
Do all discount codes and promotions apply to all products?
No. While there are some codes that do, generally not all discount codes apply to all products.
Our welcome code does not apply to sale items or sample sale items, collaboration collection items, original artworks, or e-gift cards.
Items that are NOT applicable for any discount:
- Collaboration collection items
- Original artworks
- E-Gift cards
CUSTOMER REWARDS PROGRAM
What is your customer rewards program? How do loyalty points work?
Coral & Tusk Rewards is a way to collect points with us and gain rewards. Through different actions like following up on social media, placing an order, referring a friend, you can earn points worth different dollar discount amounts to use on future orders.
Click on Coral & Tusk Rewards pop-up in the lower-left corner of our website, or here to activate the rewards program window.
We also have an FAQ page about our rewards program, explaining all about how to sign up, earn and redeem points here.
How is everything made?
Coral & Tusk’s creative process is a special alchemy of illustration, machine embroidery and hand-finishing. A RISD-trained textile designer, Stephanie first creates her irreverent characters and bold pattern designs as original pencil drawings before she painstakingly redraws them stitch by stitch using specialized software. Once digitized, designs are machine-embroidered by our production partners in India. Every Coral & Tusk product retains the hand-drawn allure of the original illustration, with the satisfying tactile quality of stitches on cloth. Find out more about us here.
Do you do any custom work?
No, we do not do custom work.
Can any design be embroidered onto any other type of product or size?
No, everything comes as you see it on our website. There are some reoccurring characters and designs you will see on different sizes or across different categories; however we do not work in this way. Each illustration is thoughtfully designed for the size and type of product you see it on.
Where is it made?
All of the design work and prototyping is done by designer Stephanie Housley in her Wyoming studio. Once the design phase is completed, our production partners in India machine embroider, cut, and sew each product. Our partners in India embrace our own company standards, maintaining quality working conditions with fair wages and benefits. All of our products ship from our fulfillment center in the United States and our pillow inserts are made in the USA. See about our entire process here.
CARE & MATERIALS
How should I care for my linens?
According to our own practices in the Coral & Tusk studio with how we care for our linen, as well as traditional linen washing and care recommendations, we have compiled a list of cleaning, storage and care for our linen products.
- Dry clean:
- This is our default recommendation. In order to maintain the character your linen has from the moment of purchase, the safest bet is dry cleaning. We especially recommend it for our table runners, since they are backed with a plain fabric and only the face is embroidered. We also recommend it for any product that uses a metallic thread in the design.
- If you are someone that is familiar with how linen responds when washed, and you enjoy the character the fabric develops after washing, we encourage the below guidelines. Many of us have lived with, washed and dried our Coral & Tusk products for years and years and can testify that they stand up very well when treated with care. The caveat is that the linen does change and evolve. We see this as a positive, but not everyone does, which is why if in doubt at all, dry clean.
- If you choose to wash, here are your options:
- Hand wash in cool to warm water
- Machine wash, gentle cold cycle up to 65° F
- NEVER USE BLEACH
- Detergents that will work best and do not alter the natural color of linen are Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyers, All (powder), Allens Naturally, Cheer (all versions) and Woolite.
- Never tumble-dry linen as this can over-dry the fibers and makes ironing more difficult. Use spin cycle and/or line dry.
- Ironing and Storage:
- Always iron linen when damp, first on the backside of the embroidered front side to eliminate creases and then on the face if you wish to enhance the fabric's natural sheen. If the linen has already dried out before ironing, use a water spray bottle to re-dampen it, especially any on creases and wrinkles. A good steam iron set to the linen setting will work best.
- Whenever possible, store linen articles without folding. Linen tablecloths or long pieces of fabric store best when rolled. Keep linens in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to avoid normal color fade.
- Fresh stains are much easier to remove than old ones, so take care of stains promptly.
- Blot up any excess liquid with a clean white cloth, or paper towel.
- Avoid rubbing the stained area with a linty terrycloth towel to keep fabric pilling to a minimum. Using a flat cloth, first dab at the stain with a bit of water. If it does not come out completely, add a tiny bit of OBA free detergent and dab at the spot, repeating the process until the stain is removed.
- Never rub a fresh stain with bar soap. Soap sets many stains
What type of insert comes with my pillow?
If you select the "Pillow Cover with Insert" option on our website, the pillow cover will come with a down-alternative insert. Polysilk ™ fill is long lasting, machine washable, and hypoallergenic. It is a high-quality and luxurious fill for our embroidered pillows. If you would prefer a feather / down insert, or no insert at all, we are happy to customize pillow insert orders. Please email [email protected] to inquire.
What kind of fabric do you use?
We use linen that is made from 100% unbleached and undyed natural flax fiber. There is an inherent beauty in the shade variation from one crop to another. This variation stems from a range of natural factors including weather and soil contributing to soft fluctuations in the natural tones which start from seed and end in a beautifully woven natural cloth. The indigo, fog, slate, vermilion, fuchsia and ivory fabrics are also 100% linen, custom dyed and woven for Coral & Tusk.
Are your products sold in stores?
Yes, we are lucky enough to sell to some really wonderful stores in the US and worldwide. Find the one closest to you here.
Do you have a storefront?
No, we do not have a storefront location. Please check our stockist list here to find a store that carries Coral & Tusk close to you.
Do you ever have sales?
Yes, we do have seasonal sales through our website or out of our studio space, we also participate in some craft fairs. Sign up on our mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming sales by entering your email at the bottom of our website.
Do you have a mailing list that I can be added to?
Yes, you can sign up for our email list at the bottom of our website.
Who should I contact for more information?
Please feel free to contact us at the studio with any questions at 718.388.4188 or write to [email protected]
Why the name Coral & Tusk?
We wanted to choose a name that evoked beautiful imagery and good luck. Since coral and tusk are both auspicious materials, and both live on land and in the sea, it felt like the perfect combination. Our name is meant to allude to these precious materials in honor of keeping them intact in their natural habitat and being inspired by them, not harvested.